My Top 10 gift ideas for the book lover. I know I would love to receive any of these gifts. Good rule of thumb…don’t give anything as a gift you wouldn’t want to receive yourself. I personally never give “joke” gifts that are good for a short giggle, then get tossed or stuck in the back of the closet never to be used. I love books, but prefer gifts with a bit more subtlety in their style. It helps if you know your recipient’s favorite authors. My personal favorites? Agatha Christie and Jane Austen.
- Library Pendant: A vintage library card becomes a pretty little necklace. $15.99 at Etsy shop JoyfulMoose
2. Scarf: At first glance you may not notice the notebook paper print, but for the lover of the written word, it might just be the subtle look they’ll love. Mens styles too. $49 at Etsy shop Cyberoptix
3. Tea: A perfect combination of a favorite author, tea, and books. $25.90 at Etsy shop Literary Tea Company
4. Ipad cover: Old School book style to protect your new style electronics. $37.00 at Etsy shop Folivora Shop
5. Candle: A “Miss Marple” scented candle with fragrances of black tea, cotton, and florals. $9.50 found at Etsy shop FlameNoirCandleCo
6. Tiny Book Necklace: This pretty little vintage book cover of Jane Austen is subtle as well as beautiful. Many other novels available too. $16.60 on Etsy store The Locket Library
7. Coasters: Old school library cards fit right in at a book lover’s home. $25 at Etsy shop I Got Crafts
8. Vintage Art Necklace: These pendants are made from vintage book illustrations. $18 at Etsy shop Ephemera Aesthestic
9. Car Decal: For the Poirot lover, a little fun vinyl car decal $4 on Etsy from PawsitivelySouthern
10. Valuable Keeper: Hide valuables in this hollowed book safe that will not look out of place on their bookshelves. $68 on Etsy shop HollowBooksByRP
This top ten list is in response to the weekly challenge by ThatArtsyReaderGirl.com
Add your list too!